We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In last 1-2 wks, anyone stay @ Ambassadeur in Juan Les Pins

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
77 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
In last 1-2 wks, anyone stay @ Ambassadeur in Juan Les Pins

Hi, anyone stay here really recently --I'm talking the last 1-2 weeks? I see a lot of bad reviews, but I wonder if it's only b/c hotel was going through renovation 1st part of the year? Also, is hotel too far from St. Tropez, Nice & Cannes? I'm American, so looking for comparison along lines of modern and bigger than a shoe box for a single room - 1 person use and new and clean.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: In last 1-2 wks, anyone stay @ Ambassadeur in Juan Les Pins

turbokickchick - although I don't know what is happening there recently I have had dealings with tthe Ambassadeur in the past and have visited it on several occasions. It always struck me as a top class place with good rooms and it has a secluded if smallish pool. It is quiet and in a quiet residential street - rare for Juan les Pins. it also has a private beach on the sea front but this is only 5 minutes walk away. But be careful because the Ambassadeur has an overflow annexe - a separate building - which is not of the same quality. If booking here make sure you ask them.

The only other hotel actually in JLP of a similar standard is the much busier Meridien Garden Beach which is right on the sea front and beside the main beaches..

Regards transport the Amabssadeur is about 10 minutes walk from JLP station where you can get frequent trains to Cannes ( 10 minutes journey) or Nice ( about 35 minutes) as well as places like Villefranche and Monaco further along the line.

Ed

Edited: 3:30 am, August 09, 2010
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In last 1-2 wks, anyone stay @ Ambassadeur in Juan Les Pins

st Tropez has no train station and frequently congested roads in and out so is awkward to get to from anywhere

the easiest way to visit st tropez from JLP is by boat trip

riviera-lines.com/fr/bateau-saint-tropez-jua…

or train to st raphael then ferry or bus

Edited: 6:01 am, August 09, 2010
3. Re: In last 1-2 wks, anyone stay @ Ambassadeur in Juan Les Pins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, February 06, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Juan-les-Pins