We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Paris to Juan les Pins

Houston
1 post
Save Topic
Train from Paris to Juan les Pins

We are traveling to Juan les Pins and plan to take the train from Paris. Our hotel is Le Meridien which claims to be 0.2km from the train station. RailEurope will book a reservation from Paris to Antibes, but I can't tell if there is a train change somewhere. Antibes is near Juan les Pins on the map, but near enough to walk? Any help figuring out the trains would be appreciated.

I've looked at the RailEurope site and the TGV site and I'm sure the information is available on the sites, but it's harder to sort out than I expected.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Antibes
Antibes
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Paris to Juan les Pins

Antibes and Juan-les-Pins are so close to each other it is walkable. As far as I know the train station is in Antibes and at walkable distance from Juan-Les-Pins. If the Méridien is at 200m from the train station it is quite close to it (200m is 650 ft).I would check on the Yellow pages website (www.pagesjaunes.fr) Select English language and you will be able to actually see the train station if you have the address).

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
Juan-les-Pins
Juan-les-Pins
Antibes, France
charlotte, nc
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Paris to Juan les Pins

Ripley D,

Antibes et Juan Les Pin are very close, and trains from St.Tropez, Cannes, JLP, Antibes, Nice...etc are very frequent and close to main streets of town. After departing at your location, just catch a taxi, very easy and inexpensive due to short ride to destination. It is also easy to walk if you know where you are going. I am going to the French Riviera in Sept and will take the train from La Rochelle to Cannes (overnight couchette/sleeper) which is direct train. I have taken the Paris/Cannes/Antibes overnight train before as well, and its a direct train (no train changes), however it depends upon the train that you are taking, but most are direct from Paris. I like to use the on-line Michelin Map site to key in my destinations, and it will provide you with a view of the roads, distance, time, and route for getting there. You can zoom in on any area around your destination for more details (nice tool to use).

Bon Voyage!

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
Saint-Tropez
Saint-Tropez
Cannes
Cannes
La Rochelle
La Rochelle
Charente-Maritime, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Paris to Juan les Pins

Yes Antibes is very close to Juan Les Pins... However Antibes has what you call a "Main Train Station" where trains from Paris stop there (the TGV - some of them at least - stop in Antibes... it is a 5 hours trip from Paris).

Juan Les Pins... being smaller, has a "Local Train Station"... served by the trains going along the Cote D'Azur and serving all the towns (Cannes, Juan Les Pins, Antibes, Nice, Monaco etc..). Therefore I imagine you will have a longer walk to the Meridien. If you have luggage you might as well take a taxi.

I have stayed at Le Meridien Garden Beach at Juan Les Pins... it has the best possible location there and overall had an enjoyable stay.

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
Juan-les-Pins
Juan-les-Pins
Antibes, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
TGV
TGV
1,292 Reviews
Paris, France
Cannes
Cannes
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Athens, GA
Level Contributor
759 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Paris to Juan les Pins

Why don't you try the night train from Paris. We left Paris at 9:15 p.m. and arrived in Nice at 8:15 a.m. the following morning. It saved us a sightseeing day. Plus, it was a neat experience. This is my favorite train site:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/e

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
charlotte, nc
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Paris to Juan les Pins

agree with soccermom, best way to travel by train is overnight sleepers. Two fold reason: 1) saves cost for Hotel (sleeper with eurorail pass is $32res. and if you depart after 7:00pm, it does not count against your day of travel), and 2) Wake up at next days destination, usually pretty rested.

Bon Voyage

Get answers to your questions about Juan-les-Pins