We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage?

London, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage storage?

Does anyone know if there is a luggage storage facility in Hyeres station or somewhere nearby?

I will be visiting Hyeres at the end of August for two nights and I would like to book the accommodation from the port area.

I will arrive at 2.37pm by train from Toulon and rather than travel back and forth between the town and port I was wondering if it is possible to tour the old town without my luggage before heading to the hotel?

I realised that the bus service seems to stop awfully early thus going to drop my bag to the hotel first and then head to the old town don’t seem like a good idea. Unless I take taxi back to the hotel which I prefer not to.

My arrival day is really my only opportunity for me to visit the old town area as I will be spending the next day in Porquerolles and then I leave the area the following morning.

Or should I just book a hotel from town?

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage?

Hi again!

According to the Hyères train station website there doesn't seem to be lockers. However bus 67 runs all day with with the last departure around 8 / 8:30 pm so even if you decide to stay near the port you should have time to drop off your luggage, get back into the old town for a mid-late afternoon stroll and head back to the port area for dinner and evening. It seems like it's only 10 minutes by bus from the station to the port.

If you arrive at 2:37 and take the 2:45 bus to the port you should be at your hotel around 3 pm. Meaning you can be in the old town center by 4 pm until the last bus at 8:10 pm.

Of course it would be easier if you stayed in the center. I know Hôtel Portalet is cheap and still had availability late August when I checked yesterday. But staying at the port is feasable, leaving you 4 hours to explore the old town.

reseaumistral.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp…

Edited: 1:03 pm, July 11, 2012
UK
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage?

I always stay in the town. I doubt there is luggage storage at the station, it's tiny. You are better to drop your luggage off at a hotel in the town, then explore the town and walk up to the castle ruins through the Parc St Bernard. If by the port area you mean tour fondue, I can't actually call to mind a hotel there, although there are some cafes. There are hotels by the port at La Capte, but you'd have the worst of both worlds there IMO, being a bus ride either from tour fondue or from the main town.

London, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage?

Mrs_French_Mystique: Thanks again for detailed info.

I kind of agree with ChicChantal that staying by the port/water includes lot of travelling which I can do without.

I really would have liked to stay by the water but don’t fancy having to travel by bus where ever I am going and on top of it having to rely on limited bus service. Thus, I have now decided to book the hotel from town. Hotel Portalet does look like a good choice, it’s location seems central, reviews are good and it’s cheap. I will most likely book to stay there.

Any restaurant recommendations in Old Town area?

Finland
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage?

Very close to Old town but clearly outside the obvious tourist area, there is a brasserie called Le Palace. This would be a good choice for lunch especially, but you will probably miss lunch time due to late arrival. However, the address: is 10 Avenue du Docteur Jean-Jacques Perron. Locals frequent there, which is a sign for good price/quality and consistency.

For dinner, I would perhaps look at the best rated ones here at TA, with tables outside etc. This might be something for you: Le Haut du Pave, 2 Rue Temple (even though the location is the most touristic in the old town). www.lehautdupave.fr

5. Re: Luggage storage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, April 27, 2014