We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau de la Chevre d 'Or VS. Chateau Eza

Which Eze hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chateau de la Chevre d 'Or VS. Chateau Eza

My husband and I are planning a trip to France in September 2012 to celebrate my 50th birthday birthday. We are planning to be in Paris for 6 nights and then fly into Nice with Eze being our home base in the Cote d'Azur. We have read EVERY review of both hotels and they both seem spectacular. The pictures posted from Chevre d' make it appear that views are better from that location. Could anyone that has stayed there give us some feedback on the rooms. We like to stay in a room with a terrace/balcony with a sea view. Is this possible in a deluxe room ??? Or do you need to stay in a junior suite or suite??? Any input would be GREATLTY appreciated. The hotel is closed for the winter, so it is really difficult to make these decisions. Thank you!

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau de la Chevre d 'Or VS. Chateau Eza

Do not check about the category (standard / deluxe / superior) but check and ask if there is a sea view or not

half room have a mountain view and it's not very intersting to pay an expensive rate without view

of course, presidential suite have I think jacuzzi...

so it's better to check what is the view and what is the equipment, not the name of the category

chateau eza and chevre d'or have a similar view, there is no difference if you have a good view

chevre d'or is more prestigious and more expensive. they are larger (about 30 rooms instead of 10 for chateau eza)

chateau eza is more "miedeval"

check also how much cost extra (breakfast, parking...) because in this category, everything is expensive

the restaurant of chevre is also more luxurious (2 stars michelin about 200/250 euros per person for a dinner) again 1 star michelin and 150 euros.

If you care only about the view, both have same view available

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau de la Chevre d 'Or VS. Chateau Eza

Thank you so VERY MUCH for your response. We are still trying to make our final decisions . Your input has been very helpful!

MERCI BEAUCOP!!!!!!

3. Re: Chateau de la Chevre d 'Or VS. Chateau Eza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 18, 2013