We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eze january

Which Eze hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Eze january

Hi I'm in Nice now and having been to Monaco on Saturday and found many smaller shops and restaurants closed I would like to know if the case would be the same for Eze? We are planning on going there this week and are hoping to have lunch somewhere.

Thanks very much

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eze january

Although it is quieter in the winter months most places will usually be open. The Eze Tourist site is helpful for info on when restaurants are closed:

www.eze-riviera.com/infos/restaurants_eze.htm

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eze january

About restaurant, you will find some of them open to lunch, do not worry (in evening there are less)

about artists gallery, small shops.... half will be closed

from november to february, shops take their vacation ;-) they took enough money during the high season

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,138 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eze january

Check carefully on restaurants; when we were in Eze in December most of them were closed.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eze january

Hey friends,

Planning for a trip to Eze next week.

As I understand from reading the posts, will have to take the bus no 82 from Vauban.

The next is what confuses me!

Will it drop me directly to Eze village or i have to walk up to 350 mtrs ?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eze january

Bus 82 or 112 from vauban -get off at Eze village stop.

You still have to climb up to the village as there is no car /bus access within the walls but you are only climbing up from the moyenne corniche, not all the way from sea level

82/112 timetable

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2082%20(au%2004%2007%2011).pdf

Do you or someone with you have mobility issues?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eze january

The walk from the bus stop to the garden at the top of the village, where you get the best view, can be done in 5/10 minutes for a fit person used to walking but it is steadily up hill and I have met people whose only mobility problem was supreme lack of fitness due to always travelling by car, who were unable to climb the 100 metres or so to enter the village.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eze january

nah, no mobility issues really, just lazy to walk uphill .. :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
117 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eze january

About mobility...is it easy to get there with a pram? We have a 1 year old with us... Thanks!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eze january

Do you mean a coach built pram or a modern pram/carry cot or a pushchair of some kind?

A pushchair or baby carrier would be the easiest on public transport. Some buses will ask for a buggy to be folded [depends on the room available]

The way up to Eze is very steep and in the village there are narrow twisty streets with sllippy cobbles . I often see people carrying the baby and pushing the buggy empty because it is hard going

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,668 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eze january

As Selkie says, it is steep and slippery. You really want a sunny clear day for Eze so you get the best views. The road up is very steep and the cobbles are very slippery on a dry day. Trying to walk up and around with a tram on a wet or rainy day would be treacherous at best. Make sure you go all the way to the top (through the garden) to get the best views.