We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1/2 day in Eze: What to see/do, where to eat lunch?

Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
1/2 day in Eze: What to see/do, where to eat lunch?

I've heard and read awesome things about Eze, the small medieval village, and thought of spending half a day there (will take a bus out from Nice).

Given the limited time (ard 4hrs), what should I see/do? Is 4 hours enough to explore Eze? I notice there are 2 "parts" of Eze: the village and the sea?

Where should we go for lunch? (great food, under 20E per person, nice view a bonus)

Thanks!!!

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1/2 day in Eze: What to see/do, where to eat lunch?

visit the old village (there is nothing at the sea side except the beach)

old village (1H30):

church

exotic garden and view at the top

streets

may be perfume factory Fragonard (30-45min)

free guided tour

lunch for 20 euros

try le Nid d'Aigle at the top near the exotic garden

or Colette Cafe (may be 25 euros)

but you do not have sea view = it's only for Chateau Eza or Chevre d'Or, gourmet restaurant (100 and 200 euros per person)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,648 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1/2 day in Eze: What to see/do, where to eat lunch?

Eze is the sort of place you just wander around to enjoy the view and the atmosphere. The above post spells out what can be seen. Note to get the view from the garden, you have to pay an admission fee. Bring your guidebook with you for more information. Four hours is plenty.

Chateau Eza offers a lunch menu for 45 or 55 Euros. I ate there and sat right outside overlooking the sea which was nice. Service was professional but a bit cool. Food was above average but not spectacular.

When you get off the bus at Eze, depending on where you will be heading next, be sure to note the departure time of the bus you intend to catch. Sometimes if you miss your bus, you could be waiting up to an hour for the next one. The time table is right there at the bus stop.

Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1/2 day in Eze: What to see/do, where to eat lunch?

Thanks to you both for your tips!

When you mentioned free guided tour, is it referring to the perfume factory or of the village?

Also, i'll def check out the 2 cheaper restaurants you recommended.

4. Re: 1/2 day in Eze: What to see/do, where to eat lunch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:37 am, March 03, 2010