We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from le Village to Eze

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
302 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from le Village to Eze

Hi. We're planning on taking the bus from Nice to Eze-le-Village. We've read that there is a trail that leads down to Eze sur Mer, where we'd catch the bus back to Villefranche where we will be staying. Just trying to understand how difficult the terrain is walking downhill. We're 50 ish and in decent shape and used to taking care on hikes (as an example we hiked the trails in Cinque Terre in Italy this May). The walk doesn't trouble us, but we don't fancy a fall if its too steep or slippery. I know we can take the shuttle or buses back to Nice or even to Monaco, but the hike sounds like fun if its safe. Any advice appreciated. Thanks...

Mentioned in this post
Eze
Eze
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from le Village to Eze

I am 64 and often walk both ways. It is not in the least dangerous. The surface is rough so walking shoes or boots are advisable.

Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from le Village to Eze

I'll second that. It's a great walk, only be careful if you're walking uphill that you take plenty of water and don't do it at midday.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
302 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from le Village to Eze

Thanks to you both. This is the kind of thing we really enjoy when traveling. Sounds like a lot of fun. Now all we need is a little co-operation with the weather in November, but coming from Nova Scotia were used to cold blustery weather. Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from le Village to Eze

I've walked up and I must say I think up would be easier than down as there's a bit near the bottom that's a bit gravelly/slippery. It's a beautiful walk either way. You could try walking up that little bit from the bottom and seeing what you think first.

5. Re: Walking from le Village to Eze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 05, 2009