We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau de la Chevre d'or

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau de la Chevre d'or

I am going to book this hotel for my anniversary in August. It seems that all rooms are very different so my thinking is that some will be better than others. I will likely stretch to a delux room but want wonderful and romantic yet quiet and private. Any advice from someone who has been there would be much appreciated.

As you can imagine the hotel staff think all their rooms are as good as each other but we all know some are better than others both regarding noise and general ambience.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau de la Chevre d'or

It is a wonderful hotel, albeit some of the staff are a bit haughty (they did not like it when I wanted to have a drink on the terrace by myself before dinner, I had to insist I was a guest and it took them a while to grasp that no, my husband was not coming along).

We had a room on the narrow passageway from the entry terraces to the lobby area. Downside it could be noisy if revelers congregate there on their way to the car park. Upside it was convenient and did not requre many flights of stairs. Had a great 180 degree view of the coast. See my review, which has the room number. I definitely would get it again, for the view. It was deluxe.

Some of the other rooms open off the pedestrian street.

Eze is totally charming, but not for the mobility impaired.

2. Re: Chateau de la Chevre d'or

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 27, 2009