We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannes- 4-5 day tour

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cannes- 4-5 day tour

Hi All,

We are coming from the cruise and just now realized that I have not yet looked into the excursion tour at this port. Even want to join the cruise ship tour, but it seems to be full by now.

Just wondering if anyone can give me any suggestion that if I can capable to do the self tour in Cannes? or any suggestion that how I can spend the time there. (we arrive there at 7am and leave at 2pm)

thanks,

AC

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannes- 4-5 day tour

Here's one thing you can do ...

www.cannes-petit-train.com/uk_index.html

7 euro or 10 euro depending on the tour you go for - max time 1 hour. Probably a lot cheaper than the ship's tour.

Or take the open top bus No.8 along the famous seafront Croisette - this is a couple

of miles long - fare 2 euro.

Or you can just walk up to the Old Town of Cannes - Le Suquet- which is very atmospheric.

Ed

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannes- 4-5 day tour

Cannes centre is compact and it is easy to do your own tour.

When you arrive onshore from your tender, I would suggest that you go to the tourist office on the ground floor of the Palais des Festivals building next to the port . The tourist office opens at 9am

If you are earlier than this there are a multitude of places to have a coffee round the harbour.

Or just wander around the marina itself for a while. Alternatively head to Marche Forville for the provencal market ( except Monday) and an atmospheric coffee there. Marche Forville is off rue Louis Blanc. Cross over from the harbour to the right of the bus station and the large town hall building head up the street - you will find Marche Forville

Ask at the tourist office for a copy of the free walking tour map of Cannes and a streetmap.

The walking tour takes around 2 to 3 hours and includes the old town, la Croisette, markets, the rue d'Antibes etc.

If you don't want to walk, the Petit train suggested by Ed starts from beside the Palais des Festivals and follows much of the same route ( Grand tour)

Bus no 8 starts from the old harbour and travels all along the Croisette and is a good way to see the coastline-

Enjoy

3. Re: Cannes- 4-5 day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cannes