We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

I will be going to Cannes mid October to accompany my husband on a business trip. We will spend 3 nights in Cannes. Can anyone suggest what other cities we can visit in that area if we extend the trip for 4 nights. Any itinerary suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have never been to the south of France.

Thanks so much!

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

The usual suspects within very easy reach include Vieux le Cannet, Antibes, Nice, Monaco, and other coastal towns in between such as Villefranche. Also Eze village, St Paul de Vence, Cap Ferrat, Grasse, even Italy

Suggest you check out the extensive postings by Troggs (search by name) who comes over every year to the same conference

Enjoy

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

cannexpress.com gets you from Nice airport to various towns by van for just $24Euros. I assume that is per person. But it saves all the hassle of trying to get to your first destination.

Edited: 8:19 am, September 09, 2012
Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

Thank you for your suggestions Sooz and billyp. I will check out troggs postings. I appreciate your help.

Manchester, UK.
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

Hi we have just been staying in the area. St Raphael and Frejus are lovely towns, St Tropez is very quaint and definitely worth a visit. Grasse is interesting and a pretty town to buy some gifts and of course fragrance. The while coast line is gorgeous, you will want to stay longer.

10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

Thanks for your suggestions. We have an option to stay in Monaco for a couple of nights. How far is that from nice airport? Are we better off staying in Cannes and going to Monaco for the day?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

We also spend mid Oct in the Cote d'Azur attending a convention and spend our extra days in Villefranche. We do this because it's a good contrast to the larger resorts and VF is that wonderful.. Through a PM, we've talked about using Marriott points in Monaco, and I responded that the transportation system in the region is so good that it doesn't really matter where you stay if you are wanting to be on the move. That said, a superior room at the Hotel Welcome in VF with a view of Cap Farret is something we're doing again...the view - night and day - is a keeper for us. We can use Marriott points for our additional nights, but the splurge for VF is worth it.

BTW, for a few night's stay at the Welcome, I call for my reservations. You may not be able to book a short stay on line.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

Sounds like you have received some good advice already regarding the coast. I used to live in Cannes and my wife and I have vacationed there many times. My advice would be to take one day, rent a car and drive inland. Very laid back....not hectic like the coast. Go to Valbonne and Gourdon for sure. If you go to the Riviera and only see the coastal towns, you are missing a great part of the experience. Have a great trip.

David

Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

Thanks for your advice everyone! It's greatly appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

Monaco is easy to do as a part of day trip from Cannes. The train is a snap. In terms of overnights...Cannes, Nice and Monaco are the 3 big touristy spots. If you want to extend your stay, you might want to try a different side of the Riviera like Villefranche (The Hotel Welcome is a great choice there) or Antibes (The Hotel Beau Site is great...so is La Jabotte). Theoule sur Mer is also lovely...but very laid back. As I mentioned in another post to you, try and and take a day trip inland. If you go the Riviera and just see Cannes, NIce and Monaco, you are missing all the charm the area has to offer. Check out the smaller towns...

David

10. Re: Itinerary Suggestions for Cannes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 24, 2013