We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

I am struggling to find a good restaurant in Cannes that is open for Sunday lunch - can anyone help?

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Sunday lunch is a big occasion in France, so nearly every restaurant is open and busy- what sort of food are you after ?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Typical French restaurant

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Sorry should have asked about price range too

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Mid price range

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,440 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Try La Pizza, down at the end of the marina. While the pizza is great, there's much more than that on the menu. Salads are huge.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

It's hard to go wrong with any restaurant you choose in Cannes, and they're everywhere. They line Le Croisette, they are on the beach (look for the stairways marked by flags on the sidewalk level), they line the pedestrian uphill street to old town, and they circle the park that fronts the harbor. I've never had a bad meal in Cannes and its environs. Of the Cannes restaurants, these are the ones I keep going back to:

I love 72, Croisette's salads, especially the Nicoise and seafood salads. I've also been happy with the steak frites here. (I've actually brought 72, Croisette's menu home to try and replicate the seafood salad...still trying!):

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187221-d1…

What can I say, but Miramar Plage is beach level and fabulous. I loved the seafood risotto I had there and other enjoyed their tenderloins. This was a business dinner so the menu was preplanned...and wonderful. This will be on the pricey side, but you are on the beach..you are paying in part for the setting.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187221-d223…

I can't say I loved my dinner Chez Freddy, but my later lunch was something I'll be going back for. I'm a small plate diner, especially at lunch, and I loved the crab salad and melon prosciutto. Admittedly, the latter is hard to screw up, but the combo with a salad is something I'm looking forward to enjoying again:

The best and freshest seafood. It's prepared for the kitchen on the sidewalk around the corner from the restaurant and it's really that fresh:

This is the restaurant Catullus recommended and I ditto her recommendation:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187221-d7…

My favorite? Take the #1 bus to Le Cannet and have lunch on the terrace in the historic section of this town that sits above Cannes. The view is lovely, and your stop will be in front of the Le Cannet's tourist office. From there, climb the stairs to the historic district and head to your left staying toward the front of this area. Several restaurants have tables on the terrace, and this is the one I've enjoyed:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g207354-d2…

Soooz had this started and will be the best to advise you about the price and value. He lives there, and I'm looking forward to his reply!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Are they open for lunch on Sunday?

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Lunch is always the best value meal and Sunday lunch is a french family occasion when many restaurants are at their busiest so nearly all open. Restaurants frequently close on Sunday evening though

A little wary about directing you anywhere in particular.

Recommendations and price ranges can be subjective and in Cannes there is so much choice. We frequently plan to go somewhere then change our minds at the last minute.

For example- What's the weather like? how hungry are you- Prefer a light lunch or 3 courses ? How far do you want to walk ? Do you want an outside table ? A view ? A tourist- orientated place? Home French cooking? Gourmet? Casual dining ?

Suggest you read the reviews here on Trip Advisor and other guides like the Guide Gantie, then when you get to Cannes and start exploring, check out the menus and prices which all restaurants display outside.

The most recent (balanced) reviews are usually best as chefs and management change frequently, but it is hard to find a bad meal.

Also pick up a restaurant guide from the tourist office when you arrive

If the weather is good and you fancy a meal with a sea view, the restaurants on the beach side of La Croisette may tempt you. One main course can be had for under 20 Euros. Set menus start around 25 Euros.

Immediately around the old harbour, the restaurants are suffering due to the ongoing renovation of Quai St Pierre; work stops on Sundays so the noise won't be an issue but the pavements are unfinished

Perhaps try looking up rue St Antoine the pretty cobbled restaurant street- no views, but some outside spaces to eat and plenty of choices ?

Or look at the restaurant strip on rue Felix Faure - Coquillages Brun the restaurant on the corner of Felix Faure and Louis Blanc is excellent for seafood, but you may prefer others in the strip that have set lunch menus which are also good.

Or perhaps Bistrot Gourmand near the market ?

Or the Potinere du Palais opposite the Palais des Festivals

Or the Relais (cheaper) restaurant at the Martinez Hotel for a set menu of up to 3 courses around 30 euros

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

Mid price range

Thank you. Very helpful.

10. Re: Recommend a Restaurant - Sunday Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, June 21, 2013