We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Cannes (alone)...day trips?

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in Cannes (alone)...day trips?

I am traveling with my husband this February to Cannes again this year. He is going for business. I will be by myself during the day for a total of 4 days. I would like some new experiences this year. Are there any day trips (maybe by train or bus) that I could take? What are your favorite things to do in Cannes?

Thank you!

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Cannes (alone)...day trips?

Visit Nice ( 1day), visit Monaco (1day), if you are there on a Friday go early AM to Vintimille (vintimiglia) in Italy for the weekly market.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Cannes (alone)...day trips?

Perfect ideas from the other post, Ventimiglia has some really good bargains at their market on Fridays, alot of fake designer goods along with other quality clothing etc etc. We stayed in Saint Raphael which is not far from Cannes, beautiful beach and you can walk or taxi up to Frejus, a very nice port with boutiques and restaurants or just look at the yachts. All these places you can do by jumping on the TGV train which is very clean and on time, first class for the longer routes is well worth it as it doesn't cost too much more than coach.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Cannes (alone)...day trips?

Pinto, we are going to be in this region in early June for a couple of days, how was your trip, any suggestions as to what is a must see?

Toronto
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in Cannes (alone)...day trips?

We stayed in Mougins (just north of Cannes) for a week exactly one year ago ... I still miss it!

Have you thought about checking out some of the perfume factories in Grasse? An easy drive from Cannes. We visited the Fragonard factory/museum - their website is www.fragonard.com.

If you're the type of person who enjoys just wandering in and out of shops, I'd recommend the central walled city in Mougins. Tons of little boutiques, art galleries, and fantastic restaurants.

Another town that was nice to wander around in was Antibes. We initially went to check out the Picasso museum, but truth be told we enjoyed the center of the port area more than the museum!

I'm envious! I wish I had 4 days to plan in the south ... enjoy!