We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying cigarettes

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
edinburgh
Level Contributor
86 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Buying cigarettes

Am I right in thinking you can only buy cartons of cigarettes in tabacs? Can anyone tell me whether Silk Cut cigarettes are availableand if so how much they cost, also do tabacs generally accept credit cards? Not planning on getting loads, just a couple of cartons. Many thanks.

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying cigarettes

No idea on price (though suspect marginally cheaper than UK) or if they sell Silk Cut but usually they do take credit cards and they will sell cartons if they have them in stoch as well as single packs.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying cigarettes

I don;t smoke but i have occasionally bought some for a friend- there was a maximum transaction of one ''cartouche'' at a time at a tabac last time i bought them

Most places will take credit cards

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying cigarettes

If you wander across the border into Italy I think they are cheaper again.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying cigarettes

Most brands are 5.70 euros for a packet of 20 (or at least I think that was the figure a couple of weeks ago). There is much less price variation between brands than there is in the UK.

5. Re: Buying cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, June 18, 2013