We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannes 5/16 - How crowded is it?

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cannes 5/16 - How crowded is it?

We will be arriving via cruise on 5/16 (I believe Cannes Film Festival stars on 5/17). What can we expect as far as the crowd is concerned? Any problem finding decent places to eat without a reservation?

With a limited time we have (one day), I like stay in Cannes without traveling outside. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Cannes
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannes 5/16 - How crowded is it?

The Croisette from the Martinez to the Festival will be cordonned off to traffic. The sidewalk running along the seafront will be filled with people. The area in front of the Martinez will be filled with people waiting to glimpse a star.

You can easily have a lunch at one of the beach restaurants.

If you want to eat in a special restaurant, then I would recommend booking. Places like the Voilier and Vesuvio on the Croisette are normally a good bet. They are not however in the category of the Palm d'Or, my favourite restaurant (book terrace balcony if you can!)

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannes 5/16 - How crowded is it?

Cannesdo - thank you for this information. I checked info on Palm d'Or and it sounds wonderful. I wonder how difficult it is going to be to get a reservation and better yet, will we get the same level of service and quality during the festival? I forgot all about the film festival when we booked this cruise.

I will also check on other restaurants you mentioned.