We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours originating or picking up in Cannes??

7 posts
Save Topic
Tours originating or picking up in Cannes??

We are taking my parents in law to Cannes next week and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good tours originating / picking up in Cannes, going to Monte Carlo / Nice / Eze / other surrounding areas? Or would they have to get to Nice first? They are in their early sixties and fit but not seasoned travellers so they would enjoy the security of guided trips. We will not be going with them as will have baby with us! If I knew where to take them in terms of getting some trips booked when we get there I won't be worrying about them! Thanks in advance...

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours originating or picking up in Cannes??

Hi Gigi,

While I was there, I also enquired about tours etc from the Cannes tourist office and some local travel agencies and apparently companies operate only minivan type tours from cannes.Various destinations are covered with 1/2 day or full day trips etc

The excellent cannes tourist office has information about same.

That said, we used the excellent rail service for trips all along the coast and towns.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours originating or picking up in Cannes??

Hi there

Agree with Rykar about trying the tourist office if you're set on the tour idea.

Might be worth doing a Google search of Cannes sightseeing tours and seeing what comes up. Seem to remember seeing something about all the standard tours arranged through Viatours and Medtours (not entirely sure I've got those names right) can start from either Nice or Cannes.

Would also endorse that the trains are really quite straightforward and so much cheaper. (Think it's only possible to go to Eze village by bus via Nice though)

Good luck!

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours originating or picking up in Cannes??

Thanks alot guys, will head to the tourist office when we arrive. We also used the train the last time we were there and I agree its an excellent service so I will encourage them to so that if the tours don't work out.

4. Re: Tours originating or picking up in Cannes??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cannes