We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannes la bocca, any beach tips

cork ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cannes la bocca, any beach tips

Staying in Cannes La Bocca for a week in mid september and was wondering if there is any advise out there on best areas, public / private and are they as good as they look on google earth.

Staying towards the train station Avenue Francis Tonner, Cannes Festival Apartments.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannes la bocca, any beach tips

Hi,

Just back from a week in Cannes and can reassure you that almost every beach from Cannes harbour, past Cannes La Bocca, all the way to La Napoule is free! There are different types to choose from - some with trees for shade, some very family friendly, some with watersports, some with sand, some with rocks. The choices are endless. I'm sure you'll find something to suit each day.

P.S. invest in your own parasol for about 16euros from a local shop as most beaches don't hire them and it's HOT HOT HOT in Cannes!

Enjoy!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannes la bocca, any beach tips

Oscars

I'd concur with the above post. The beach west of the harbour is nice, proper sand and in September it won't be too crowded - not desolate by any means - but just right to get enough space - and it is entirely free. You should also find that the sea is at its warmest at that time of year.

London
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannes la bocca, any beach tips

Hi. I live down here and the above posts are exactly right - there are miles of beaches between Cannes Harbour and La Napoule (incorporating the whole of La Bocca). A couple of tips:

1. It is better to choose a beach where you can get easy access to a bathroom and a cafe

2. There are showers the whole way along so you will not have a problem with that

3. Some of the beaches have a floating platform that you can swim out to. You might want to position yourself near one of them

4. It should be a bit cooler in September but you will notice that the clever people (mainly French) make sure that they go and have lunch in one of the sheltered terraced cafes along the beach between 12pm and 2pm.

5. Personally, I like Plage du Sports, which is close to the east end of the stretch. They also have lots of activities and are very close to Waikiki Beach, one of the best restaurants along the beachfront.

6. If you feel like splashing out then you could rent a matelas (beach chair) for the day - the cost is abotu Euro 15 for the day but it is worth reserving in advance at the weekend as it can be busy and you will want to be on the front row to get to the sea more quickly!

Cannes is a great place, lots of amazing restaurants and the people-watching is the best anywhere. If you have any questions let me know. Enjoy!

4. Re: Cannes la bocca, any beach tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, September 08, 2009