We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A beach destination in france?

london
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A beach destination in france?

Hi all.

I am looking to visit France next month ( September). Ideally, I would like to visit a coastal destination, i.e. a beach destination. I have already been to a few places in the south, i.e. Nice, Cannes and Marseille. I have also been to La Rochelle.

Can anyone recommend a beach destination in France for me? The place has to be hot, and fun, and also suitable for single female traveller.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Many thanks

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A beach destination in france?

who knows about the weather nowadays, but a slightly different beach area would be down in the Biarritz area. A bit of Basque influence to spice it up.

london
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A beach destination in france?

Many thanks for your help.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A beach destination in france?

1. Villefranche sur Mer - perfect coarse sand - sheltered bay, and lots of bar - restaurants

2. Plage de la Garoupe - Cap d'Antibes - sophisticated and trendy with anglophones

3. Plage La Paloma, St Jean Cap Ferrat, ditto above

4. Plage Mala, Cap d'Ail

5. Iles des Lerin, off Cannes - St Margueritte - rocky but your own personal bay and pine tree

5.Avoid:

Nice

Menton

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A beach destination in france?

Canet-Plage or Argeles, towards the spanish border

5. Re: A beach destination in france?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cannes