We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather question

1 post
Save Topic
Weather question

Hello, Could someone kindly tell me what the weather is like in Cannes. I will be traveling there in about 1 week and have been told that it is like the weather in Los Angeles currently. (Low upper 60's to low 70's) Long pants and light sweater weather. Is this true?

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather question

Have a look at

la jolla,ca
Level Contributor
112 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather question

cannes is a better version of California,better weather,better food,better looking people.

Cannes is like La Jolla in that it has a microclimate of near perfect weather.

Isle sur sorgue...
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather question

If you are coming in a week make sure you have some warm clothes with you because it is cold!I was in Cannes a few days ago and people were walking about in fur coats.In fact the South of France had snow 10 days ago!The sun is shining during the day but low 70's its not. I hope it warms up for you...summer is coming!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather question

Weather in the Riviera is usually good in winter, that is originally why it became popular with people from northern Europe but there are spells of cold and/ or very wet weather. We bought a flat in Nice six years ago and spend quite a bit of time there. In Feb it can be around 60F and feels warmer if you are in the sun but it can also be 34F at dawn and 40F at 3.00pm. Although it is much, much sunnier than London, Cannes gets some days of much heavier rain than we ever experience here.

We have spent the third week in February in Nice/Villefranche in each of the last six years and have always had sun and around 60 degrees. Hope we are both equally lucky this time.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather question

Also pack layers, and dark colors. Then when you are sitting on the beach, you can slowly delayer, and the dark color will warm you up nicely. Even in January we are down to dark short sleeves by lunch's main course.

UNLESS of course you have a 3 day weather system blow through, called a Mistral I believe. Then it can be real windy & rainy. Good thing is afterwards you can see the snow capped mountains behind, even whilst enjoying the sun on the Cannes beach...

Historically, they say in French Napoleanic law, one is pardonned for killing your partner on the 3rd day of a Mistral... Best time to enjoy a cafe and "chocolat chaud".

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor