We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice re base please

Which Antibes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork Ireland
Level Contributor
214 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Advice re base please

Hi Antibes forum!

My first time to ur forum - though am veteran on others - Sicily, puglia, vienna n others - n so grateful to their experts for amazing advice!

We are seriously considering flying directly from Cork to Nice late July (I'm a teacher!) for 2 wks. We'd like to base ourselves somewhere like Antibes - without car for a change - so feel Antibes good choice. It appears to have good connections. We like to walk, explore, relax on beach and foot access to nice restaurants. We'd like a 3/4 star hotel (with pool?) not too far from the beach. So...my questions are: is Antibes best base? And what hotel? Thanks to all!

Belfast
Level Contributor
480 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice re base please

Great to hear and please do keep posting. We'll be there end of September and staying in apartment not far from Hotel Josse so interested in distances and local shops and restaurants.

Cork Ireland
Level Contributor
214 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice re base please

Update Scott! Did LONG walk very early this morning. Walked from our hotel south by the coastal road and along the Sentier Touristique de Tirepoil (rough track but stunning!). Then back up (inland for a while) and south again to the lighthouse at Pointe de l'ilette, passing Hotel du Cap. Then hugged the coast all the way up to Juan Les Pins where we had breakfast and walked the short distance (12 mins?) back to the hotel. We did much of this walk last week but cut out the lighthouse etc - it's worth doing the longer one!

As regards restaurants, we've had lovely meals in La Gravette (twice), and La Passion des Mets. We found Cote a l'os only ok. We walked to JLP for dinner one night but found it a bit to busy for our liking - ate in Londinium - only ok too. We enjoyed a pizza on Place Nationale on the day we ate a good lunch in Nice. Tonight - we will stroll down Rue Sade and choose! W have booked (a recommended) Michelangelo.

We are expecting thunderstorms for the next two days so we hope to go to St Paul de Vence tomorrow. Thurs will be a good day to go to the Picasso museum!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Advice re base please

Great advice on Antibes and thanks for your restaurant advice. I found this post before I was about to post an identical question only thing is we really want a pool as we aren't really beach people we are considering 2 hotels Garden beach and Hotel Juan Beach problem is the garden beach reviews aren't good but the rooms look much bigger. Does anyone have any thoughts on which one would be better?

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,673 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Advice re base please

eina- hotel pools are quite rare - actually in whole Cote d'Azur - but you might also look at Ambassadeur in Juan les Pins . Good discreet hotel on a quiet street but only a few minutes walk from centre. Nice little pool too but you will change your mind on beaches when you see JLP's and spend more time there.

Ed

15. Re: Advice re base please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 14, 2014