We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Topic
Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

Hi I will be arriving in Antibes on the 18th of March for a 1 month hoilday. I would like to find out if there is a Public lap pool and or a Gymnasium and what would be the cost for each. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Hotel Eden
Hotel Eden
#1 of 47 hotels in Juan-les-Pins
Mas Djoliba Hotel
Mas Djoliba Hotel
#2 of 87 hotels in Antibes
Le Petit Castel Hotel
Le Petit Castel Hotel
#2 of 47 hotels in Juan-les-Pins
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

Pete - there are number of gyms in Antibes. Google Antibes Gyms and you will get a good list and contact numbers. AFAIK all welcome temporary members. Most are practical no frills places with machines etc rather than luxury places to be seen at . Most walkable from the centre of town. Not sure what a lap pool is - is that the same as a spa bath? The posh place with indoor pool, yummy mummys, where to wear you designer gear is Antibes Squash Club. This is a bit out of town and needs a car to get to.

Also a good gym and indoor pool at Garden Beach hotel in neighbouring Juan les Pins. They welcome temporary members.

Ed

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Garden Beach Hotel
Garden Beach Hotel
708 Reviews
Juan-les-Pins, France
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

serious swimmers in training and casual swimmers alike use the municipal pool, which also has a gym [ and outdoor pools in summer]

antibes-juanlespins.com/les-equipements-spor…

You can get single tickets or a 10 session tickets at a reduced cost. It is cheapest for residents but it is still pretty cheap for non residents , especially with the multi-entry tickets

Edited: 12:20 pm, January 25, 2013
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

nb you will need proper swimming trunks/speedoes - swim shorts and anything that could be remotely worn outside [eg swim suits with skirts , shorts and frills for ladies and girls] are also forbidden.

Its been a long time since i was last in the pool in antibes but IIRC you will probably need a swim hat as well.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

Some friends who used that municipal pool ( Stade Nautique) last summer reported a seriously unfriendly welcome and an attitude problem whereby the staff placed far greater emphasis on what was forbidden ( lots of things) and what was allowed ( very little). I hope it was a one-off!

Ed

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

I\ve never had a problem there

Pools throughout France have regulations about proper attire , showering , use of shampoos etc and some foreigners get upset because in their own country things are different.

Pools in gyms generally have the same rules

Edited: 2:23 pm, January 25, 2013
Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,517 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

True, selkie. And I had already warned about the shorts. The problem was the officious attitude adopted presumably on the basis that all customers are complete idiots - as I say I trust a once off . Anyway my friends decided the beach was more welcoming.

Ed

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

Thanks everyone, muchly appreciated altough not sure if I could pull of a pair of Budgie smugglers (speedoes) but when in Rome...................:)

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
8. Re: Gym/Lap pool in Antibes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 28, 2014