We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Query

Which Antibes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Query

Hi, last summer we stayed at the Realais du Postillon which we like very much. Thought we would have a change of hotel but still stay within Old Town Antibes. Came across the Hotel Mediterranee on 6 avenue Maréchal Reille, I think we walked down this street (past the bus station) last year and thought it was a bit dubious! does anyone know what the area is like at night or anything about the hotel which has been remodelled in 2004.

Or do you know of any other small hotels in the area other than the Cameo or Auberge Provencale?

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Query

Anyone?

The street in question is the one that goes along the top of the bus station, it goes along a little bit then there is a dog leg right, we did walk along last year but didn't go any further than the bend, just trying to find out the street is not full of loads bars or clubs!!

Any advice is appreciated

ottawa, ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Query

We stayed at the Hotel Mediterranee this past May. All that it has going for it is its excellent location. We had the largest cockroach I have ever seen in our room. They have a policy of making you pay for your stay upon arrival. Now I see why. When we questioned this policy upon arrival we were greeted with the utmost in french froideur which continued throughout our nine day stay. This hotel is to be avoided at all costs.

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Query

Mmmm Thanks for that we are due to arrive this Tuesday, obviously now too late to change, we'll just have to suck it and see! Thanks anyway

Newcastle upon...
Destination Expert
for Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Query

Well I'm still alive! Didn't see any cockroaches.

Its the kinda of hotel you walk passed in the street and your glad your not staying there!

But in fairness all the 2** hotels and buildings in Old Antibes are probably similar. We stayed at the Realis du Postillon last year which had more charm but no more facilities.

The room was Small, the bathroom clean and towels changed every other day, the sheets were clean and changed every day apart from the first night. There was a largish courtyard at the back for breakfast, which at 6E was pretty good. The owner! was not very forthcoming until after a couple of days when we asked after her dog which had been sick the morning before as it is allergic to wheat! then she softened somewhat. I wouldn't stay again but it was OK and handy for the restaurants and beaches

Get answers to your questions about Antibes