We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not leave any valuables in your car, nor your trunk!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Do not leave any valuables in your car, nor your trunk!

This review is intended to safeguard tourists that park their cars in this beautiful carefree area. DO NOT BE FOOLED by the false impression of safety around here. As long as you are mindful of leaving nothing of value in sight in your car and nothing of value in your trunk - you should be ok.

While carelessly visiting the village of Chateuneuf-du-Pape our rental car's window was broken and all of our possessions were stolen (suitcase and papers). We had nothing left and this was the beginning of our trip. This is apparently a problem in Provence Cote d'Azur. You'll see signs but they are not always well placed.

Safe travels ;)

P.S. For those of you with an iPhone activate the "find my phone" application. iPad has this function as well. And don't forget to register them with Apple.

21 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
482 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Do not leave any valuables in your car, nor your trunk!

That's too bad, JNag. Hard to regroup, I bet.

We always leave luggage in the car on our "changing base" days, as we make stops to eat and explore. We do not leave anything of exceptional value per se, but I would not want to part with my clothes that way either. I guess the best thing to do is not leave anything in a rental car, or any car for that matter.

[Personally, I would drink more wine to soften the blow. Not making fun of your troubles..Much-much better luck next time]

Reply to: Do not leave any valuables in your car, nor your trunk!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chateauneuf-du-Pape