We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villeneuve-les-Avignon

Townsville...
Level Contributor
129 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Villeneuve-les-Avignon

I am looking for hotels in Avignon in early September. I am a female traveling alone without a car. Is staying in Villeneuve-les-Avignon a feasible option? How long will it take me to walk to Avignon itself?

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villeneuve-les-Avignon

Villeneuve is quite nice; how long it would take you to walk to Avignon would depend on where you're staying.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villeneuve-les-Avignon

It's a 34 minutes walk from Villeneuve village center to Place Crillon in Avignon,according to Viamichelin

http://www.viamichelin.fr/web/Itineraires

You can also take the bus to Avignon

tcra.fr/tcra/…20Lazare.pdf

tcra.fr/tcra/…20Lazare_Villeneuve.pdf

tcra.fr/tcra/uploads/File/SERVICE%20ETE%2020…

Townsville...
Level Contributor
129 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villeneuve-les-Avignon

I'm looking at the Cube Hotel - it actually seems to be half way between the centre of Villeneuve-les-Avignon and Avignon itself, quite close to the Pont du Royaume.

I enjoy walking and I am not put off by the idea of a walk home as long as it's not an unsafe area. Although I would definitely take the bus when I arrive with my bags!

I also prefer eating a bigger lunch and just a snack for dinner. One reason I'm looking there is that it seem to be a be impossible to get a minibar in your room (useful for holding snacks, wine....) in Avignon itself without spending a fortune, and this hotel has them and is reasonably priced. (-:

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villeneuve-les-Avignon

Having your main meal at lunch means saving money; most restaurants have menus for less than at dinner. Since your prospective hotel is close to a bridge, you shouldn't have a long walk to get to the center of Avignon. You can check the walking route on Google.

Kansas City, USA
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villeneuve-les-Avignon

If I remember correctly, the #11 bus runs very frequently from Villeneuve to Avignon and back again. A quick trip to the tourist office in either town should make it all quite clear. We always spend lots of time in Villeneuve and always take the bus. Seems like it stops around 8pm or so.

The area is very safe and quite pleasant. We are opting to stay there for our next stay instead of inside the walls in Avignon.

Mark

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,238 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villeneuve-les-Avignon

I've never taken the bus as we always drive in the area, but bus number 5, which runs every 15/20 minutes will take you to Avignon, stopping at Avignon Post Office. It runs all year, so no worries about school holiday changes:

tcra.fr/tcra/…20Lazare.pdf

tcra.fr/tcra/…20Lazare_Villeneuve.pdf

I take it you've found some interesting places to stay at Villeneuve, Mark.

Edited: 5:14 am, August 14, 2013
7. Re: Villeneuve-les-Avignon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2014