We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time for Avignon Festival

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Best time for Avignon Festival

Hello, my boyfriend and I are not a big fan of theatre, but we would like to experience the atmosphere during the Avignon Festival.

I am wondering when is the best time to visit during those 3 weeks? Would it be the first or last week; weekday or weekend? Or it doesn't matter, it is crazy all the same? The programme doesn't matter much since we do not look for any particular show.

Thanks in advance :)

Provence
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time for Avignon Festival

The beginning is always less busy. Avoid sundays which are too crowded with local.

Grab a program and look out for the "eyes" sign which labels the shows suitable for non french speaker.

And just sit at a café and watch the troup promoting themselves.

Remember to take all flyers that are given to you, the troup appreciates it.

Enjoy, this is fun !!!

London
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time for Avignon Festival

We're going to be there on the 26th and 27th July which I think is during the 'Off' festival. If anybody sees any good shows which are accessible to people with very limited French please let me know.

3. Re: Best time for Avignon Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Avignon