We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Area/Village to Rent a House in Cote du Rhone Area?

jokemaker323
Level Contributor
278 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Area/Village to Rent a House in Cote du Rhone Area?

This is somewhat of a repeat post from an amazing trip I had in the Luberon area and now what to do a similar trip this summer in the great Rhone wine region.

I am hoping to get some suggestions for a great place to rent a house for a week to relax in August. Now on to what we are looking for more specifically.

Ideally the place is located somewhat close to (or even inside) a really nice old village (ideally hordes of tourist buses don't come through), scenic and has a few good restaurants and a market. I would also love it to be located close to good wineries in the region. I am open ears to what you think the best villages are that meet this criteria. We don't want a city, but are pretty open to size as long as there are a couple places to eat, a bakery, etc. If possible, walking to the town from the house would be ideal even if a 30 minute walk.

If I can figure out some of the best options for specific areas, it will make my time so much easier in picking a house that suits our needs and I am admittedly ignorant on how the different villages compare in this region.

Is August a decent time of year to relax in the region? Not that we have much choice or flexibility on dates but do want to make sure it is an okay time of year. I really can't wait to arrive either way :)

Mentioned in this post
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
Provence Authentic
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Provence Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours
South Spirit
Sightseeing Tours, Gear Rentals, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals
jokemaker323
Level Contributor
278 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best Area/Village to Rent a House in Cote du Rhone Area?

What do you guys think of houses in the following two locations. Are they great villages to be around compared to the Luberon villages as well as the villages like Bedoin and Vaison or are there drawbacks?

Closest Village Paradou KM 0 mi Map Village Info

Nearby Village Maussane Les Alpilles 1 KM 0.62 mi Map Village Info

Nearby Village Les Baux de Provence 5 KM 3.1 mi Map Village Info

Nearby Village Saint Rémy de Provence 10 KM 6.2 mi Map Village Info

Closest Village Mouriès 1 KM 0.62 mi Map Village Info

Nearby Village Maussane Les Alpilles 6 KM 3.72 mi Map Village Info

Nearby Village Les Baux de Provence 8 KM 4.96 mi Map Village Info

Nearby Village Saint Rémy de Provence 15 KM 9.3 mi Map Village Info

Mentioned in this post
Les Baux de Provence
Les Baux de Provence
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
22. Re: Best Area/Village to Rent a House in Cote du Rhone Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 01, 2014