We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

Which Avignon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach CA
Level Contributor
515 posts
8 reviews
tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

I thought I could only book 3 months in advance, but I was able to book my train tickets going: CDG 2 to Avignon. They were more expensive than I thought they were going to be. Anyways, a few days later, I tried to book my train coming back & all I see are 2 choices that are really high price. My confusion is, it says idTGV instead of TGV. What's the difference? Also, when I put in Gare de Lyon, it asked me for more info, Then I had to choose from 3 different Gare de Lyons. One has an A behind it, one had rer behind it. I did an experiment & put in march in instead of April, but same dy of the week: Wed & I had many more choices of trains at a cheaper price. So do they schedule more trains or show more when it is 3 months in advance or closer to the date? I didn't book this ticket yet. I am waiting until next week, as it'll show more trains I think. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Great Neck, New York
1 post
11. Re: tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

I have to go to Noves in July. I will be flying into Paris and I was told that I could take a train from the Paris Airport to Avignon. Is there more than one station in Avignon an would you know how I would get to Noves from there.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
76,490 posts
12 reviews
12. Re: tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

You would take a train from CDG to Avignon TGV station.

There are rental cars at the TVG station for you to get to Noves.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
46 reviews
13. Re: tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

Fabulous Information. Thank you for sharing! Made a huge difference in cost.

14. Re: tgv questions Avignon to Paris, Gare de Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 19, 2014