We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where?????

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
where?????

I know this question has been asked numerous times but which would be a central town to use as a base for exploring provence.

Avignon is usually recommended but I don't mind staying in a B&B in a town which has restaurants close by.

On my last night I need to be at Avignon TGV to drop off the car and catch a train, I would like to catch a train around 9ish. Do you think it's a good idea to stay in Avignon this night.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: where?????

Hi Janice, there is a forum I began on the Avignon forum called gps for provence, there is some good advice there if you're interested.

Changed my accomodation to St. Remy based on the favourable comments regarding the town so I'm looking forward to staying there.

Have a great time.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
474 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: where?????

Hi Janice-109, We bought our GPS from Aust. though when we picked up the car it had a GPS in it.

We bought & downloaded maps before we went & the Tom Tom did us proud. The GPS gives you peace of mind...even when you decide to go a different way than it recommends, it soons resets itself and she keeps on talking and directing.

We stayed in St Remy & loved it....please make sure you go to Le Beaux, it is the most amazing village.

13. Re: where?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 26, 2010