We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which room at Hotel Le Calendal do you like best?

australia
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Topic
Which room at Hotel Le Calendal do you like best?

Hotel Le Calendal looks charming - which room has the nicest outlook? Which one do people recommend? AND - how far in advance should we book??

chicago,IL
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Which room at Hotel Le Calendal do you like best?

Jeanette,

I stay at Le Calendal every summer for Rencontres De Photographie -

I have stayed in several rooms, but the best, I think, overlook either the garden or the skylight over the dining room. It is a charming hotel, nice people - friends recently went on my recommendation, and came back raving about their stay there...be sure to have a violet kir one evening when the flowering trees in the garden are in bloom. lovely!

Susan Aurinko, Chicago USA

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
468 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which room at Hotel Le Calendal do you like best?

I agree with the previous response - overlooking the courtyard is our favorite. Sorry, didn't note the room number but it's on the second level, just above the back part of the breakfast room. We stayed there a few weeks ago and didn't need a reservation but then it's a pretty quiet time of the year. The place is a well-known good deal so if it's mid or high season I'd suggest a reservation well in advance if possible.

Seattle
Level Contributor
3 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which room at Hotel Le Calendal do you like best?

Room 29(I'm pretty sure that's it) has its own balcony that overlooks the terrace/garden. Nice room! (not the least expensive in the hotel, for sure, but a very nice room).