We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical small Provence villages near Arles for day tripping?

Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Typical small Provence villages near Arles for day tripping?

Thinking about basing in Arles and would like to know what good small villages and towns are accessible for day trips. Ive been told to check out towns like Lourmarin, Bonnieux, Cadenet, Roussillon, Les Baux and Gordes, and areas like the Luberon.

Problem is I dont really know much about these places, or their accessibility from Arles. Can anyone provide insight on this and point me in the right direction?

Other question I have is that I want to see if we can go to a concert at the Roman Theatre in Orange. Is it a bad idea to see a show there at night, and then drive back to Arles? From what I understand its about an hour....

We will most likely have a car here. Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Typical small Provence villages near Arles for day tripping?

I love Arles, lovely place. Near it are St Remy and a small but lovely and relatively unvisited village called Eygalieres, also Les Baux as already mentioned but which is very touristy. From Arles it's easy to see the Camargue, and my favourite place there is Aigues Mortes. Also Tarascon which has a fab castle.

12. Re: Typical small Provence villages near Arles for day tripping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 13, 2014