We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bull chasing

australia
Level Contributor
341 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Bull chasing

We are thinking of going to the bull chasing event at the arena tomorrow afternoon at 5.30.What time should we arrive? Are there long lines to get in or is it relatively easy? Can you just buy tickets at the arena?

Provence
Level Contributor
811 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bull chasing

I guess tomorow wont be much trouble and you can park your car easily. You can get you tickets at the booth and I guess it wont be overcrowded. I f I were you I would arrive by 4.30

australia
Level Contributor
341 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bull chasing

Thank you for your reply phidou. The information is very much appreciated.

Provence
Level Contributor
811 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bull chasing

Enjoy !!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bull chasing

We were just there in July and we were told by the tourist office to arrive at 5 pm. We did and there was plenty of seating then (people just starting to go in). You can buy tickets at the arena but if you're going to do anything else in Arles, consider buying one of the passports at the tourist office and you'll get your tickets for 5 euros each as well as getting a discount on the passports.

Edited: 1:39 pm, August 23, 2012
St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bull chasing

We may be in Arles on Saturday, Sept 15.,,,When does the Bull chasing season end? Thanks!

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bull chasing

Sorry but I think you are out of luck. Most of the Provence towns have their festivals in August and that's when they sponsor the various bull events like the Abravado. Next year, try to schedule your trip in August. Its a not-to-be-missed time of year.

But September is also great!

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bull chasing

Yes, unfortunately the "courses camarguaises" (bull games) in Arles only runs in July and August - Weds and Fris at 5:30 pm.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
394 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bull chasing

Thanks...we will have to come back :)

australia
Level Contributor
341 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bull chasing

Attended the bull races yesterday. Arrived 4.15, among first in, sat in front row in the shade and enjoyed the atmosphere. Great music playing. There are plenty of seats so no worry about that. Had a great time although we had no idea what was happening a lot of the time!! Will now do what I should have done beforehand and do some research on it! But still had a great evening! Thanks for advice.

Sacramento...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bull chasing

looking for some insight on seating at the Arles arena. The two front sections are labeled the "tribune" and "premieres", but I am wondering where these really are.

for example, in this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptjt7837ye4&t=1m50s

there is a red wall that separates the bulls on the arena floor from folks standing there watching. is that the tribune right behind that red wall at ground level? or is tribune the next section up behind that? we want to be close but not that close!

arena diagram: arenes-arles.com/arles_info/reservations/pop…

also can anybody share details on the passport discount that was mentioned earlier? will we have problems buying non-advance tickets for the bullfighting event on sept 8, 2012 or should we order now?

any help appreciated!