We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arles Market

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
217 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Arles Market

I know that there is a market on Saturday and Wednesday in Arles. What time do they start and end?

Also, we're renting an apartment in the old LaRoquette neighborhood of Arles. Does anyone know what would be the best and nearest grocery store for us to shop?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arles Market

Google is your friend -- "Arles marche" will give you several versions of the answer.

Google can help with supermarkets, too -- "supermarket Arles" will return a long listing of all of them, and even a map that has the location of every store on the map marked.

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arles Market

Both the Wednesday and Saturday Markets in Arles are in full swing by 8:30-9:00 AM. and they begin to seriously breakdown around 12:30 PM.

Every September, I have to confess that we only use the supermarket-type places to buy household essentials such as: coffee, milk, butter, whiskey, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. We use the daily markets throughout the region to supply us with vegetables, and we use the local butcher and baker to supply our other needs. Since you will be situated in Arles, you can certainly use the fishmongers on Market-day, as long as you will take your seaood back to the residence ASAP.

There is a wonderufl major super-store on the outskirts of Arles - I have to coness that I just go there via muscle-memory whenever we are heading down into the Camargue, but will take a look at my maps and get back to you in a day or two with a name and location.

3. Re: Arles Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 04, 2011