We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety

chicago
11 posts
Save Topic
Safety

My wife and I are staying in Provence for 5 nights at the end of May beginning of June and are staying for three of the nights near St. Remy. I was thinking of staying at the L'Hôtel Particulier in Arles, but I've been hearing that safety in Arles can be a concern. Is this hotel located in a safe area, are there any areas to stay away from? Is it worth staying in Arles or should pick another small town to stay for the remaining nights.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
342 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety

Where did you hear that safety is a concern? I can't see it being any worse than Paris... we're going to Arles in early June. If you could provide some more info that would be grand!

ALBUQUERQUE
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety

Eric,

Why not stay near St. Remy 5 nights. You will be very close to Arles and it would save a checking out, checking in and un packing again. Arles is very close to St. Remy and could be easily visited in a day. Have not stayed in Arles overnight but have been there during the day and have not been aware of any problem.

Best,

Tom

provence
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety

Safety in any city or large town is a concern almost everywhere. We have been to Arles many times and have never had a problem.

The usual rules apply.

Interested though to hear specifically what you have heard.

4. Re: Safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 30, 2009