We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau LaCoste

SE USA
Level Contributor
48 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau LaCoste

Has anyone toured this vineyard or the property? Did you enjoy it? It looks interesting from the website but I woudl love to hear some first-hand reports.

Thank you so much.

Aix-en-Provence...
Level Contributor
71 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau LaCoste

We have been there a handful of times. It is lovely. The wine is quite good and people working there are fluent in English. You can do a tasting, they have tours in English (property has lots of art) and a nice reasonably priced lunch is available.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau LaCoste

I was there last month and wrote these very detailed reports on the winery visit and art trail: marvellous-provence.com/other-places/sights-…

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
518 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau LaCoste

Thank you for the link. However 2 questions for anyone who has visited this winery. (1) is there a set time for tour and (2) is there a cost associated with tour and wine tasting? Been to many in California but never to one in France so thought I'd check. Thanks, LL

Aix-en-Provence...
Level Contributor
71 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateau LaCoste

Here is a link to their site: http://www.chateau-la-coste.com/home/.

There is a cost (they do give invitations for hotel guests that are non-paying, check with your hotel) for the wine tasting and the sculpture walk. They may do a discount if you do both.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
518 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chateau LaCoste

Thanks Mary. I took a look and there is a price for the sculpture walk but not quite sure for wine tasting. Since it appears to be close to where we are staying (Renaissance Aix En Provence) I think we can easily visit and find out cost for wine tasting (since I don't think we will have time to do walk and taste!) I will also inquire with hotel - thanks for the invitation tip.

Aix-en-Provence...
Level Contributor
71 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chateau LaCoste

It is about a 20 minute drive from your hotel.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
518 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chateau LaCoste

Thanks again Mary!

For anyone in the future who reads this thread, I went ahead and emailed Chateau LaCoste to ask about cost for JUST wine tasting and tour of the winery.. They just replied. It is 12 euro per person.

8. Re: Chateau LaCoste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 01, 2015