We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours from Aix en Provence

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day tours from Aix en Provence

I really want to go on the Aviator full day villages of the Luberon trip but I am only in Aix for Wednesday and Thursday ( we arrive Tuesday and leave early Friday). And their trips don't go on those days. Does anyone know any other reputable tour companies that might do this trip on Wednesday and Thursday I really would like to see the lavender fields at Senanque Abbey Rusillion, and l'isle le Sourge. We will be in Aix on June 17 arriving that day so the trip needs to be on the 17th or 18th. Thanks. I want to make sure the tour company is reputable

Mentioned in this post
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,671 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tours from Aix en Provence

I am sorry - I do not know of any tour companies. But, is it that you will not have a car? Because if you do, you can drive the lavender fields of the Luberon without the tour. I assume that you will be in Provence in July when the lavender is/should be in full bloom.

Mentioned in this post
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
14,391 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tours from Aix en Provence

For tours on days there aren't any, maybe you coauld take some from Avignon - a bit of a trek, but it would get you where you want to go. I suppose there's no way you can cancel your Aix accommodation?

Here's a link to Avignon tourist office, which shows links in Avignon itself and further afield:

avignon-tourisme.com/menu/discover-35-2.html

Mentioned in this post
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
3. Re: Day tours from Aix en Provence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, February 10, 2014
Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tours from Aix en Provence

Did you find a tour? You can look at a lot of tours on the home page of the tourist office in Aix

aixenprovencetourism.com/en/…

One of the tour companies is http://www.aix-en-provence.com/tylene/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,147 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tours from Aix en Provence

I am assuming that the OP meant Viator tours and not Aviator.

VIator is not a tour company. They have never given a tour ....ever.

They are a booking agency / consolidator.

June 17 is too early to see lavender in bloom.

California
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day tours from Aix en Provence

Hello,

I have used http://www.rendez-vous-provence.com/ when I have stayed in Aix en Provence.

Their tours are reasonable . Check out their webssite and see if it's covers the area that you want to see

in Provence.

Mentioned in this post
Aix-en-Provence
Aix-en-Provence
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
7. Re: Day tours from Aix en Provence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 14, 2015