We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavander Fields

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lavander Fields

Are the lavender fields already blooming?

florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lavander Fields

I don't know

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lavander Fields

Really helpful, jacalyker.....thanks a lot for that.

Wesley.... It seeems from your multiple that you are visiting the area.

Provence has had a terrible spring.....weather wise. So everything is running late.

When are you visiting?

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lavander Fields

Thank you Datthecoast,

I'll be there next week from Jun/24th to Jun/29th, unfortunatelly I can't delay anymore our trip due the ending of my vacation. I hope to find some fields blooming. This year we visited Keukenhof (Tulips Garden) in Holand and we had to monitor the bloom which happen late as well, (you are welcome to see the pictures on the blog "Se essa lua fosse minha") we did the visit on the right time. So the weather is becoming crazzy around the world.

Thanks again for your attention.

Best regards,

Wesley.

NY
Level Contributor
45 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lavander Fields

Hi, we just got back from aix yesterday (stayed there for a week and visited Luberon), and unfortunately the fields haven't bloomed at all. We talked to a local, and she said it may be another two to three weeks for the blooms.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lavander Fields

I just returned from a cycling trip in Provence. The lavender fields are 3 weeks behind due to poor weather in Europe but they should be starting to bloom by now. We enjoyed lots of poppies on our trip.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lavander Fields

Lavender doesn't grow normally in Marseille. But at the end of the week of your visit there will be 4,000 lavender bushes on the Old Port, courtesy of cosmetics company L'Occitan en Provence.... could be impressive -- and it's certainly unusual. Details: http://bit.ly/ZYYTCN

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lavander Fields

The lavenders on my property and around Mt. Ventoux are now showing color, but they are not in full bloom just yet. Not long to wait though.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,267 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lavander Fields

Next year Toutou. Hope they are on time then.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lavander Fields

Thanks Everybody, who took a litle time to send updates.

I manage to delay in one day my trip so I´ll be there from Jun/25 to 30, still dreaming to see some fields in full bloom. But yes, AnglaiseaMarseille I heard about this special event at Old Port of Marseille and I´ll be there for sure just in case I dont see any field in full bloom at least there I will see, I saw a perspective picture of how it will be, I would like to show it to my wife but I can´t find it anymore, if someone has a link, please send to me. Toutou when you say "Not long to wait..." , please tell me that if it is less than one week!!!

Edited: 9:59 am, June 22, 2013
Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lavander Fields

Did you mean this one? It's a Photoshopped job, of course. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence