We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trips

Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
day trips

My husband and I will be based in Aix en Provence in an apartment for 5 days at the end of June/beginning of July. I have been researching the area extensively to figure out where we would like to visit from there. We are planning to use public transportation and want a mix a exploring towns and villages and enjoying the beautiful scenery. It is our 20th anniversary and we have a rare trip planned while our children are at summer camp. After our time in Provence, we will head to Paris.

Here is our tentative Provence itinerary:

Sat 6/29: Arrive Marseille, bus or cab to Aix. Spend day in Aix

Sun 6/30: Organized tour (through tourism office) of markets and villages in Luberon (L'Isle sur La Sorgu/Gordes/Roussillon/Bonnieux/Lourmarin)

Mon 7/1: Cassis

Tues 7/2: Arles/St. Remy

Wed 7/3: Aix for the Tour de France, depart early evening for Paris via train

Any input/advice or places we should see instead? Thanks so much. The input from these boards has helped me plan so many wonderful trips. Thank you in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Aix-en-Provence
Aix-en-Provence
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Marseille
Marseille
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
Gordes
Gordes
Luberon, France
Roussillon
Roussillon
Gordes, France
Lourmarin
Lourmarin
Luberon, France
Arles
Arles
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
France
France
Europe
1. Re: day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 07, 2014