We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vineyard escapes/escapes near vineyards!

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Vineyard escapes/escapes near vineyards!

Hi there

My wife and I are going to be travelling from Nice to Toulouse in September, and would like to stay somewhere for a few nights where we can just unwind away from the masses, yet isn't too much of a diversion off the route (perhaps near Aix-en-Provence)?

Ideally we'd like to find somewhere scenic and quite rural where we can hire a couple of bikes and visit a vineyard or two. Having never been to the South of France I was recommended Seguret, and found some lovely places to stay there, but it's further inland than we had anticipated, hence my call for help!

Any suggestions would be most welcome - we're not tied to Aix-en-Provence; it's just roughly halfway between Nice and Toulouse!

Thank you! :o)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vineyard escapes/escapes near vineyards!

Seguret is a terrific destination and perfectly suited to visit the great vineyards of the Southern Rhone. La Bastide Bleue is a lovely place to stay there.

2. Re: Vineyard escapes/escapes near vineyards!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:57 pm, December 26, 2015
Provence
Level Contributor
809 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vineyard escapes/escapes near vineyards!

Nr Aix, Lourmarin Cadenet or Lauris might be some of the best places to consider.

Seguret is in the Gigondas wine country with I find more interesting as a wine. There is nearby a hotel/winery right in the vineyard.

From Seguret, you can take back the motorway in Orange and drive to Toulouse via Nimes. That wont add much time to your journey.

Hope this will help.

London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vineyard escapes/escapes near vineyards!

Thank you very much for your suggestions! That's really helpful...I'll have a look into those places. Whilst we love wine, we're not too fussed about which one we target as it's just our first dabble into the area!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
142 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vineyard escapes/escapes near vineyards!

If you really would like a couple of days' wine getaway, I cannot say enough good things about the Auberge du Vin in between Mazan and Carpentras: perfect hosts, lots to learn about Cotes du Rhone wines (including Gigondas) and an easy biking distance to scenic villages and vineyards.

6. Re: Vineyard escapes/escapes near vineyards!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence