We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Parking in Aix ..Where to meet friends w/ bags?

home
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Parking in Aix ..Where to meet friends w/ bags?

Hi All, I am arriving with a friend in Aix via train in a few weeks around noon. We have an auto Europe rental waiting for us at e tgv station and want to store our bags in the car while we visit the city. What makes the most sense, leaving the car and bags at the train station while we tour the city fir the afternoon, or driving it to a ring parking garage? This would be for about 3/4 hours max.

Thus is a good sized van...as we are meeting up with 3 more pals in Aix.

Which leads to my next ?.... Our 3 friends also have bags and are coming from Marseilles. My first thought would be to meet them at the train station....then depart from there...am I missing an obvious alternative?

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Finland
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Parking in Aix ..Where to meet friends w/ bags?

As the TGV station is some 18 km outside town, you probably need the car to get to the center of the town? The central train station is very close to the most essential part of the town center. Thus, these are two different stations and two different rails. - Just have a look at e.g. google maps for some more information about the locations.

We visited Aix for one day just a few weeks back, and parked at "Rotonde" the very central and huge underground parking garage. Access e.g. from Avenue des Belges. We felt it was very safe there. We had all our stuff in the car for several hours, but they were in no way visible from outside, and the car was parked by the elevator with people passing all the time.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Parking in Aix ..Where to meet friends w/ bags?

There are regular shuttle bases from the TGV station to the town centre, so that isn't really an issue. Depends on what's more convenient for your friends -- are they coming into Aix TGV station?

As Timo notes, the car should be fairly safe either if you leave it there or if you drive into town and use an underground car-park. Try to lock your stuff out of sight and don't park the car n the street.

home
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Parking in Aix ..Where to meet friends w/ bags?

Is a minivan going to be a problem size wise parking in either place?

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Parking in Aix ..Where to meet friends w/ bags?

We have an 800 series Rover, which is a pretty large car. The Rotonde carpark has some rather narrow turns, which are always a bit tricky, but I don't recall any issues at the other carparks.

5. Re: Rental Parking in Aix ..Where to meet friends w/ bags?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 11, 2013