We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

post cruise Aix Provence

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
272 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
post cruise Aix Provence

We will be taking a Burgandy Provence River Cruise June 2013 and we would like to stay in Aix Provence for two nights. Question our cruise ends in Arles. What is the best way to get to Aix from Arles? I have just completed my itinerary for a three day precruise trip to Paris and I wanted to do this post cruise without a lot of hassle. Tranfers etc.!!!. We will also have to get transportation from Aix to Marseille Airport . Is two days too little time? Someone on this forum recommended a day tour of this region..maybe something to consider. Any recommendations? Thanks..

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: post cruise Aix Provence

The easy bit is at the end there are regular buses between Aix-en-Provence bus station and Marseille Provence Aeroport. Getting from Arles to Aix is rather less straightforward. By train you would get a train to Marseille and change there for another train to Aix which would get you to the centre of the town. Another possible option would be by bus to Avignon TGV station and then get the fast train to Aix, but then you would have to get another shuttle bus into the centre.

With 2 days you could have quite a relaxing visit to Aix, more would be better but thats life. Find the site for the local Office de Tourisme for information.

Boston...
Level Contributor
272 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: post cruise Aix Provence

Thanks, I am rethinking my post cruise. Three days in Paris and our River cruise will probably be enough for us. I appreciate your response.

3. Re: post cruise Aix Provence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 28, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence