We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet B & B with access to a (summer) kitchen in Aix?

Which Aix-en-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet B & B with access to a (summer) kitchen in Aix?

Hello,

We like B&B!!! It is always a great way to meet different people.

As I am going to a conference I need to be able to recover from jet lag in a quiet place, with some privacy. (I am a VERY light sleeper) Also access to a summer kitchen or cooking facility would be much appreciated.

Do you have a recommendation?

I am looking at "La Bruissanne" but I am wondering if there is bus service from there to the centre of town...

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet B & B with access to a (summer) kitchen in Aix?

I've visited this B&B in the 17th century Mazarin Quarter. bit.ly/f99oxf The rooms are very nice, if small-ish, but guests have access to the salon and a gorgeous garden. The owners work at the tourist board and speak English. Not sure about kitchen arrangements - email them and ask.

I've only been there in winter, however, so I can't vouch for it being quiet in summer, when there's likely to be a fair bit of street noise in the downtown areas. Though that applies to all accommodation in Central Aix, of course....

Vancouver
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet B & B with access to a (summer) kitchen in Aix?

Thank you!

I have reserved at the place you suggest "Le jardin de Marie" ; and am really looking forward to my stay there. It seems very charming (and of course I realize there will be some noise in the downtown area). I will write a review afterwards.

3. Re: Quiet B & B with access to a (summer) kitchen in Aix?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 22, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence