We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Aix to Barcelona

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Aix to Barcelona

Hello. My friend and I will be staying with a friend in Aix in November. We have already booked a hotel in Barcelona, but not the transportation for getting there. What is my best bet in terms of speed/ease/price? Flying, train, or renting a car? Our travel time is flexible--can be one day of travel or two days with a stopover somewhere nice.

Thanks.

1. Re: Travel from Aix to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:22 pm, November 07, 2015
aix en provence
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Aix to Barcelona

Hi,

connections between Marseilles airport and Barcelona are not with Iberia but with Czek airlines associated with Air France.

If you take Iberia you will fly from Marseille make a stop in Madrid and then Barcelona !

Example of price :

departure 12 nov / return 15 nov 139,20 euros per person taxes included

departure 21:55 / arrival 22:55

return departure 07: 10 / arrival 08 : 00

there's only one flight in Marseille

here is the link :

www.czechairlines.com/fr/france/fr_home.htm

3. Re: Travel from Aix to Barcelona

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:23 pm, November 07, 2015
aix en provence
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Aix to Barcelona

Diz

I work at Marseilles provence airport !

But you're right and I understand my mistake

Flight schedules are changing end of october

November will be winter schedules and I answer on the summer program.

Iberia will open a new flight which now doesn't exist !

please excuse my mistake

seolane

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Aix to Barcelona

Thanks for the tips so far. We will only be traveling one way, as we are flying back to Paris to get back to New York. We need to be in Barcelona on Nov 14th.

I found a train on Rail Europe from Marseille to Montpellier, Montpellier to Barcelona for 122 USD. Does that seem like a good option?

We really don't want to spend more than $200 for this leg of the trip.

6. Re: Travel from Aix to Barcelona

Removed on: 5:23 pm, November 07, 2015
7. Re: Travel from Aix to Barcelona

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Aix-en-Provence