We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marseille or Cassis? Coming from London!

Centreville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Marseille or Cassis? Coming from London!

I am scheduling 5 days in Provence area ( lleaving London via eurostar Sun morning to Marseille, 6 hours! Wont get into Marseille until 3 Pm). I want to see the Calenques so want to set up base for two nights in either Marseille or Cassis. Is it worth the extra hour to get to Cassis on the train from Marseille? The other three nights I have spent in Avignon with days trips to Arles, Saint Remy, Gordes, etc. is there a better base to explaore for five nights? Leaving for Paris Friday.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,146 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marseille or Cassis? Coming from London!

The only things that Marseille and Cassis have in common is that they are in France and they are on the water. Marseille is a large multicultural city of 1.5 million.....Cassis is a little village of maybe 7,000 residents. What are you looking for?

Centreville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marseille or Cassis? Coming from London!

I wanted to enjoy the beach! And the Calanques. I know they have two.totally different vibes. Just wondering if I am missing a easier place to stay to enjoy beaches but also the rest if provence. Also worried travelling another hour to cassis after spending 6 hours on the train from London will be too much and if it is worth it for two nights. Thanks

3. Re: Marseille or Cassis? Coming from London!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, May 12, 2016