We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arles, Aix, St Remy...?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Arles, Aix, St Remy...?

Hi

We are looking to spend 5 nights in Provence and will have a car. Which is the best town to choose as our base? We want somewhere with a choice of restaurants in the evening and where is pleasant to wander around at night as well as in the day. We are thinking of either Arles, St Remy or Aix - any views?

Thanks

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
3,524 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arles, Aix, St Remy...?

Aix is the largest of the 3, it feels more like a town and you will probably have to pay for (public) parking. At least we had to since our hotel had no parking. Arles is my least favourite. I don't know why, but I can never get a feel for the place. We never stayed there overnight though. Saint Remy is my favourite and we always stay there. Not too big, not too small with plenty of nice shops and good restaurants. Close to Avignon which we also like a lot. Many here on the forum don't like Saint Remy but we do...

2. Re: Arles, Aix, St Remy...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 03, 2016