We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottages, Apartments

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cottages, Apartments

After searching for accommodation in Provence for the period 15th to 24th June 2014 it appears that most of the short term rental cottages and apartments specify that you can only go in on Saturday and out on Friday. However, this does not fit in with our timetable which is part of a 30 day self planned trip to Spain, Provence and Italy. Can anyone help?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottages, Apartments

Not really. You have to keep searching for the few that are more flexible than that.It's normal to rent for a week - wouldn't you if you owned a place? I do. VERY hard to accommodate people who want fewer days. Check all the usual websites and email owners. Good luck.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,155 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottages, Apartments

It's a good thing that you're starting early. Perhaps you can adjust your plans to meet these requirements.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottages, Apartments

The rental week is Saturday to Saturday. And you picked one of the prime holiday periods, so it will be difficult to find a variance. Also, while June may feel to you like long away in the future, I know people who had their June holiday rentals booked back in June of this year. I do not have a June 2014 calendar in front of me but you could, arguably, do a Saturday to Saturday in a rental and spend the other three nights at B&B.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottages, Apartments

Yep.....it is pretty structured and at that time of year, generally inflexible.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
13,691 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottages, Apartments

B&Bs would seem to fit your plans better than a rental, although some places are definitely much more flexible. Some rentals we used to stay in before we bought did any number of days up till July/August, which is when many will start to take only 2-week bookings.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cottages, Apartments

When you have narrowed down your search to the places you would really like to stay, it's always worth asking the owner if they will accept your chosen dates.

You don't say how many are in your party. Smaller places are always in very high demand and owners don't need to be flexible in the summer season. Larger places will often accept bookings that don't start and end on the traditional Saturday, because they don't expect to sell every week of the summer.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cottages, Apartments

Thank you to all of you for the helpful advice - I have now found a great place in Uzes for the nine days that we wanted and it is available. Thank you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cottages, Apartments

Glad you found one. If you need a back-up option, check out Residence les Sources in St. Remy-de-Provence. We used Booking.com for 4 days there.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cottages, Apartments

I think you will really enjoy Uzes!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cottages, Apartments

Glad you found something....Uzes is lovely.