We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

Montreal
Level Contributor
627 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

Is it really only 1 large and 2 small?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,992 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

What is a large mean?

A Laguna will easily hold 4, 22¨ suitcases plus a sundry of small items. A 22¨ bag is sufficiently large for any length stay. If your bags are bigger, 28¨ perhaps, you´ll only get one in the trunk.

Montreal
Level Contributor
627 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

"Large" and "Small" are taken directly from the AutoEurope website.

Our bags are 25" and we will have four of them for the five of us.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

The thing is that you will get a car "of comparable size" not necessarily a Laguna at all, what you see on most rental websites are just "examples"...

So the layout of the trunk space could differ......

Wales
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

We have had laguna estates for years and travelled all over Europe - just the two of us or sometimes with two adult passengers. Our trips were usually for 4-6 weeks and although we always felt the luggage space was generous we mounted a roof box for those longer trips.

With your numbers and all your luggage I think you could struggle a bit to get it all in. I would try to get a larger vehicle or see if a roofbox could be added as an optional extra.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,904 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

You are going to get a car from a particular class....not necessarily a Laguna....

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,472 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

If you do get the Laguna, which we had in 2011, you could fit a 26" suitcase, a 22" carry-on, two shoulder bags and a computer case, as we did. I do not think that you could fit four 25" bags into the trunk. It was a bit too roomy for just the two of us (we were "upgraded" into it from a VW which we reserved), but I am not sure that five people would be too comfortable in it, unless a number of your people are kids.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,904 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

Anna is absolutely right...I think that when many North Americans come to France, they want to be "upgraded" to a larger vehicle and are happy when that happens. For people who travel there frequently....smaller is better. My wife and I want a VW Golf...period. I recall pleading with a "helpful" Europcar Rep in the Nice airport who thought she was being helpful to NOT upgrade me to a a small European SUV. I couldn't even park it in the driveway of the house we had rented...and had to waste a couple of hours taking the darn thing back and exchanging it for the Golf I had requested!

Edited: 2:42 am, February 14, 2013
Montreal
Level Contributor
627 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

Anna thanks for those insights.

And yes two of our five people are children (5 and 8).

I must say that the customer service at AutoEurope is excellent.

She did mention that the other model in that class is a Fiat something but I failed to take note of the name.

She suggested booking the Citroen Gran Picasso due to its larger luggage capacity, but it appears to have a smaller cabin from what I can gather.

I guess if it came down to it, I could probably switch to a larger vehicle at the airport, but I am with you dat - small is beautiful!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,704 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

parkers.co.uk/cars/…gallery

Click on the "Boot/Load Space" link to get an idea of trunk capacity.

5 people would not be happy in a Golf! I've driven a VW van all over Europe without any major 'fit' problems. Our last trip we had a Passat wagon which would likely suit your party.

One thing I'll suggest is instead of 25 inch hard bags (even if the sides are soft, wheeled luggage has hard frames) at least a couple of you take squashable soft luggage. You can fit a lot more in a trunk if things can be scrunched.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renault Laguna luggage capacity?

I think the Picasso would be much better for you. I see them all over the place here. They are popular family vehicles. They seem to have a good deal interior space. You can use the link from post #9 to pull up the exact details on the Grand Picasso, along with photos.