We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aix-en-Provence or Avignon

Vancouver, Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
Aix-en-Provence or Avignon

I am going to stay in Aix-en-Provence and Avignon each for 3 days. If I will arrange a day trip to Luberon area to see lavender, should I go from Aix-en-Provence or from Avignon? Where is closer?

Mentioned in this post
Aix-en-Provence
Aix-en-Provence
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aix-en-Provence or Avignon

The Luberon is quite a large area. But perhaps one of the classic views of Provencale lavender is against the backdrop of the Abbey of Senanque. That's close to the "artists' vilage" of Gordes and, across the valley, the "Peter Mayle village" of Menerbes. It's easier to access this part of the Luberon from Avignon than from Aix, but you'll need a car.

Mentioned in this post
Luberon
Luberon
Vaucluse, France
Gordes
Gordes
Luberon, France
Menerbes
Menerbes
Luberon, France
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,615 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aix-en-Provence or Avignon

You could possibly tour lavender fields from either city but as Avignon has a larger number of popular, near by destinations, you might want to venture out for lavender from Aix-en-Provence.

Mentioned in this post
Avignon
Avignon
Vaucluse, France
Aix-en-Provence
Aix-en-Provence
Bouches-du-Rhone, France
Vancouver, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aix-en-Provence or Avignon

Thank you very much!

4. Re: Aix-en-Provence or Avignon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 19, 2010