We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

London, United...
3 posts
Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

Hi

I am booking a holiday in Vendee and I'm looking at flights to Poitiers Airport and then hiring a car to drive across. The flight lands on a Sunday at 16.35hrs (in August). Looking at the official airport website, there seems to be only three car rental companies located in the airport - Europcar, AVIS and Enterprise which are all closed all day Sunday. However, I have done a search and two car rental agents - Nova Car Hire and Holiday Auto's can source cars on Sunday's via Citer which is apparently open until 21.00hrs on Sundays. I cannot find any details of this car rental company and as I am booking the holiday for a group, I don't want want us all to be stranded at the airport with no hire car! Can anyone confirm this rental company is located at the airport and whether it is open until 21.00hrs on Sunday?

Thanks very much

7 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
38,261 posts
11 reviews
66 helpful votes
1. Re: Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

http://www.citer.fr/

contact them directly. They're now part of Enterprise.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
7,093 posts
7 reviews
40 helpful votes
2. Re: Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

If a plane lands the agencies will be open. Contact the local offices to check how to book.

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

Hi there

I am having the same issue. Were you able to book a car on a Sunday with Enterprise?

Thanks

London, United...
3 posts
4. Re: Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

Hi

I booked though a car hire agent called Nova http://www.novacarhire.com/ and booked a car through them with Citer. I called Nova and they assured me that Citer are situated at the airport and will be open on Sunday.

Good luck!

Wexford
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

We tried booking a car today from Poitiers but to no avail Could you give me a contact number please Offices seems to be closed on Sundays?

London, United...
3 posts
6. Re: Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

Hi

I booked the car through an agent (Nova car hire) and they have assured me Citer will be open on the Sunday. Their number is +353 64 77 642 77. I tried to book another car on the same Sunday for the people who are travelling with us and I couldn't do it online. When I called they were very helpful and were able to book something, but half an hour difference in the time they pick up their car to when we get ours.

Raunds, United...
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday

Hi I need car hire Sunday 25th February to 4th March to pick up and drop off at Poitiers airport. Can you please give me information regarding this.

Thank you

Reply to: Car Hire at Poitiers Airport on Sunday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted