We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what areas of Poitiers, France are bad

Toronto, Canada
1 post
what areas of Poitiers, France are bad

Hi

I will be living in Poitier for a period of six months and wanted to know which area or areas I should avoid when looking for an apartment.

Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
Toronto
Level Contributor
126 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: what areas of Poitiers, France are bad

Poitiers is a pleasant small city. There is no high crime at all. Of course the most agreeable accommodation will be near the historic centre. But with all due respect,if you have the attitude, or the fear, that (in any European or American city) certain kinds of places and certain kinds of people are "bad", well, you'll find them everywhere, and it would be better to stay home. Enjoy Poitiers, it's a good place.

Charente-Maritime...
Level Contributor
506 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: what areas of Poitiers, France are bad

It's a very nice place, we visit a lot. as already said, the 'nicest' part is the old city centre and some districts have housing that looks a bit 'worn' but other than that I would say it's about as good as you're likely to get in any similar sized city on France

Poitiers, France
1 post
3. Re: what areas of Poitiers, France are bad

The "3 Cités" and "ZUP (couronneries...)" are the "bad" and "dangerous" neighborhoods of Poitiers. For your safety and the safety and succes in life of your children, avoid these sectors

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
464 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: what areas of Poitiers, France are bad

Poitiers has a very low crime level and a very high safety level (www.numbeo.com)

Walking alone in daylight or night time has a very high safety level.

But that was before I went there .......

Reply to: what areas of Poitiers, France are bad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted