We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to La Rochelle in August - best way to travel?

Which La Rochelle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorks
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
London to La Rochelle in August - best way to travel?

We will be 3 adults and two children (12 and 9). We don't have a car and are looking for the most economical way to travel. Plane, boat, train, hire car - or a combination of these? We could leave from any of the London airports or Southampton airport, or from Portsmouth ferry port. Does it work out cheaper to fly to Nantes or Bordeaux? I'd be grateful for any advice from those who've done this kind of journey before, as I haven't a clue where to start!

North Yorks
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London to La Rochelle in August - best way to travel?

I'm beginning to think everyone else must swim from England to La Rochelle!

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
744 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to La Rochelle in August - best way to travel?

There are flights most days from Stansted with Ryanair. In sumner you can also fly from Gatwick

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
744 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to La Rochelle in August - best way to travel?

There are flights most days from Stansted with Ryanair. In sumner you can also fly from Gatwick

if you are in yorkshire maybe its better to fly from leeds with jet2 or east midlands with ryanair.

in anycase you can compare flights on the skyscanner website .

North Yorks
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London to La Rochelle in August - best way to travel?

Thanks filou. Yes, I do live in Yorkshire, but my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughters live in London, so I will travel down to London the day before, so that we can all go to France together.

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
744 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London to La Rochelle in August - best way to travel?

Ok then I guess Stansted is your best bet.

6. Re: London to La Rochelle in August - best way to travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, March 15, 2015