We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsite close to La Rochelle

Cork,
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Campsite close to La Rochelle

My husband and I will be travelling by plane to La Rochelle with our 3 year old son next June. My Sister is getting married nearby and we were hoping to holiday for the week prior to the wedding.

As it is our first holiday in France and we will not have a car, we are hoping someone can provide some tips and recommendations on where to stay... somewhere easily accessible and suitable for our 3 year old son. We have heard there are some fantastic camping/caravan sites. We would prefer the caravan rather than the tent!

Any advice appreciated.

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
747 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsite close to La Rochelle

The camping sites here took a bit of a battering in last years Tempete Xynthia, and some are no longer operating, I'd take a look at the tourist office website, and speak to one of the girls there for advice, they speak english and can tell you which ones are open and their facilities. Avoid the municipale one its not up to much! The one at Puilboreau is right next to an out of town shopping centre so check locations with them, but it does have a great tex mex restaurant. . Maybe a holiday appartment might be better, agin details on the website, eg Citea, Apparthotel, most of these have pools and are in the town

Note caravans are restricted vehicles in La Rochelle, theres only certain places you can park during the day, and you must be on a campsite by night

If you need any help with specific stuff dont hesitate to ask!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,812 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsite close to La Rochelle

This might be worth looking at:

pv-holidays.com/gb-en/self-catering-rochelle…

La Rochelle
Destination Expert
for La Rochelle
Level Contributor
747 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsite close to La Rochelle

thanks Bean, these are holiday apartments a bit like the apparthotel, on a quiet street near to the station, and near enough for the town , the aquarium, and beaches. Have you stayed there as I have no knowledge of what the rooms are like?

There is an all you can eat chinese buffet around the corner as well :))

4. Re: Campsite close to La Rochelle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, February 25, 2013